Chocolate Beetroot Cake
You Can Use Yogurt/Curd In Place Of Egg For This Recipe. Do Try It Out And Let Us Know How It Turns Out To Be. Happy Cooking! – Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Cocoa Powder 4 Tbsp
Refined Flour ¾ Cup
Baking Powder 2 Tsp
Castor Sugar 1 Cup
Beetroot Puree 1 Cup
Oil 150 Ml
Vanilla Essence 1 Tsp
Icing Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a cake tin with baking paper after greasing it with oil.
- Sift the cocoa powder, refined flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the sugar, and set aside.
- Puree beetroot in a separate bowl. Add icing sugar, vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in the refined flour/cocoa powder mixture that was prepared earlier and mix.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well with an electric blender. Add oil and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Take a lined baking dish and pour the cake mixture into it. Tap the cake tin on work table to ensure there is no air bubble in the mixture.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before unmoulding the cake. Dust it with icing sugar. Cut into pieces just before serving.